Why am I having trouble logging in?
There are several possible reasons you may not be able to successfully log in to our system:
- If your system has not been rebooted your computer for a while you may be prevented from logging on. This occurs because your system's resources have been depleted from opening and closing programs. Simply shut down your system and turn your computer off and back on.
- Sometimes, people mistakenly type their username or password incorrectly. NetKnow's standard requires passwords be lowercase. Make sure you don't have your Caps Lock key depressed. Make sure your username is correct and includes the correct prefix "@networkname.com" at the end. example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your connection may be affected if your hard drive is full. Check your available space. If you are running low on space (as a general rule, you should have about 30% of your hard drive space free), you can either delete unnecessary files or install a bigger or additional hard drive.
- Dialup accounts are limited to one session at a time. Someone may already be connected with the dial up account you are trying to use. Call customer service to purchase multiple dial up accounts if you need to have more than one simultaneous connection.
- Make sure your account is not past due; although we attempt to contact overdue accounts before disabling your username, we sometimes are unable to provide this courtesy.
- We do perform periodic maintenance and upgrades to our system which can cause services to be temporarily unavailable to you. Normally, we will contact you via email at least 24 hours before a scheduled maintenance or upgrade (we do use your NetKnow email account, so please check this daily to ensure you do not miss our notices).
- On rare occasions, we may be having problems with our equipment. We do monitor our system and will address any unscheduled system outages as quickly as possible.